Does Car Caché fit any vehicle? (Please watch the 53 second installation video at: Easy Installation Video)
- Due to its flexible design, the Car Caché accommodates most vehicles with a front center console with a cover that opens from the front (via hinges, not slide). If the console lid opens from the side or middle you can use Command Hooks (the kind used to hang heavy picture frames) attached upside down to tie the strings around. Also, the driver and passenger side headrests must have accessible posts.
When I close the center console lid the fastener sometimes gets in the way. How can I overcome this?
- No problem, just slide the fastener off and tie a small knot in its place.
How long does it take to install the Car Caché?
- The product can be installed in a few minutes – no tools necessary.
Does the Car Caché fit all purses?
- The Car Caché has straps that can be easily adjusted to accommodate the size of nearly all sizes of purses…large and small. By lengthening the straps to form a cup/hammock behind the console you can easily toss your purse into the Car Caché. Narrow space between seats? Just toss your purse in vertically so that most of it is residing in the ‘cup’. Part of the purse will lay on the console with most of the purse and weight residing in the Car Caché.
Will my purse fall out?
- Over the years very few women have mentioned their purses fell out of the Car Caché. The few times this has been brought to our attention, the reasons were Always becaause that they did not follow the installation instructions. Two main culprits were they either did not take the straps across the front seats and attach to headrest posts closest to the doors. Or, they did not adjust the straps appropriately for the size of the purse so that a cup/hammock is formed behind the console – they would have the straps too tight almost making the Car Caché vertical .
What colors are available?
- The Car Caché is available in Black.
What are the dimensions of the product?
- The netting portion is approximately 14” high and 16.5” wide at its widest point narrowing down to 8.5” wide at its narrowest point. The attachment straps for the headrest are approximately 1” wide and 18” long, though the length is adjustable. The lanyard braids for attachment to the center front console are 3/8” wide by 15” long.
What is the product made of?
- The Mesh Car Caché netting is made of nylon. The webbing and headrest straps are made of polypropylene. The console cord strap is made of nylon.
Can the product be washed?
- The Car Caché is machine washable in a Cool Delicate Cycle. The clips must be Removed prior to washing. Do not use bleach. Lay flat to dry.
How is the Car Caché installed?
- Step 1
Wrap strings around console lid tightening the slider against back of console. Then tie a knot to keep from slipping over time. If the slider interferes with closure of the lid, just remove the slider and tie a knot.
- Step 2
Take the carabiner clips across the Front of the Front Seats and attach to the headrest posts Closest to the Doors.
- Step 1
- Step 3
Adjust the straps to form a cup/hammock behind the console to allow for easy insertion and removal of the purse. Narrow space between seats? Just toss your purse in vertically so that most of it is resting in the ‘cup’ – part of the purse will lay on the console with most of the purse and weight residing in the Car Caché. The pocket is perfect for miscellaneous items such as gloves, umbrellas, charging cords, small toys, tissues, etc.
- Step 3
If you have a headrest that does not have poles, is one unit, will the Car Caché still work?
- Some have been able to connect the Car Caché strap around the headrest and it still worked.
For detailed installation instructions, please view the Installation video instructions